As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is a leading active asset management firm. As of March 31, 2018, Voya IM manages approximately $227 billion* for affiliated and external institutions as well as individual investors. Drawing on over 40 years of experience and an ongoing commitment to reliable investing, Voya IM has the resources and expertise to help long-term investors achieve strong investment results.
Voya Investment Management is seeking an Attorney to join our sophisticated, dynamic mutual funds practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience in the regulation of mutual funds, specializing in issues arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
The Attorney who we will select for our position will be responsible for a wide range of legal work for mutual funds, their affiliated service providers (including their adviser and distributor) and the funds’ Board of Trustees (the “Board”).
Responsibilities will include, among other duties:
- Analyzing issues arising out of the Federal securities laws and providing advice with respect to same.
- Providing legal services that support Management’s work with the Board.
- Assisting in the oversight and conduct of board meetings.
- Preparing and/or leading the preparation of board memoranda, resolutions, and minutes, contracts with service providers, and fund charter documents.
- Supporting Management’s compliance function.
- Overseeing and commenting on Paralegal work product.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctor Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years legal experience, preferably several in the Legal Department of an investment management organization, securities or transactional department of a large law firm or corporate legal department working on investment-related regulatory matters and products.
- Positive relationship management skills with the ability to get along with all levels of the organization and to work either independently or as a team member.
- Proven ability to provide excellent internal customer service and the ability to communicate with peers, superiors, and clients in a well-organized, expert and concise manner.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective interaction with a Staff of Paralegals and other professionals within the Legal group will be critical.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Outlook.
- Reliable, self-starter, detail oriented, well-organized and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.