Responsibilities include overseeing the business relationship, growth, retention and day to day functionalities for the City of New York account, inclusive of its Unions and other related accounts, in addition to the State and its Unions. Develop/select appropriate metrics in order to measure performance against sales goals. Serve as subject matter expert/escalation point to prevent, eliminate, or mitigate impediments to departmental success.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives as developed by the Senior Vice President of Labor Markets; ensure implementation of the strategic plan(s).
- Strategize with the team to ensure EmblemHeatlh is proactively developing solutions and innovative ways to support the City and State.
- Develop and implement account specific business plans, emphasizing strategies to maintain and grow the accounts.
- Ensure collaboration amongst the various departments to include Case Installation, Operations, Underwriting, Provider Network Management, Pharmacy, and all others to ensure the plan is meeting the customers’ needs and provides resolution to any issues or concerns raised by the client.
- Responsible for daily interactions with key stakeholders for the account(s) inclusive of: the Office of Labor Relations Management and Operations team; Welfare Fund Administrator(s); Union Presidents; and all vendor management teams that interact with the City of New York program(s).
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships and favorable contacts with new and existing clients; leverage these relationships to create new business opportunities.
- Optimize results of the team by identifying, hiring, & training staff members, developing them into strong leaders and creating high-performing, self-directed teams.
- Ensure success of team(s) by mentoring, providing feedback, and motivating staff.
- Drive results with the account by creating and attending regular meetings with the City and its various partners.
- May participate in client renewal negotiations with Underwriting while accounting for both the client’s needs and the needs of the Company.
- Work with VP/SVP to recommend strategic direction and planning to Senior Management in order to improve market positioning and to promote overall business growth for existing businesses.
- Work with VP/SVP to develop and manage departmental budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of relevant, professional work experience required
- 5 – 8 years of progressive sales management experience in insurance, healthcare and consulting preferred
- Proven experience in the development of sales strategies, preferably in a healthcare environment required
- Strong working knowledge of group benefit designs, health care delivery systems, underwriting/funding methodologies preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, presentation and negotiation skills preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal) required
- Proficiency with MS Office (word processing, database/spreadsheet, presentation, Outlook) required
- Ability to absorb, interpret, synthesize, and present data to validate performance against appropriate metrics/goals required