As an Assistant Trader, you will learn the quantitative and game theoretical approach that SIG uses to make decisions in the financial markets. You will work closely with experienced traders both on the desk and in the classroom who share a passion for mathematics, problem-solving, and technology. You will learn about decision science, game theory, and capital markets in the classroom and in mock trading to reinforce what you are learning on the desk. Poker and other strategy games are also used to further develop decision skills.
The objective of the Assistant Trader program is to develop you into an autonomous decision-maker, capable of creating profitable trading strategies, assessing risk, and appropriately allocating firm capital.
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- Game room with golf simulators, game tables (poker, pool, ping pong, etc.), multicade classics video games, and Play Station/X-Box video area
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- General computer skills required; computer programming skills a plus
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competitive environment