Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time and we’re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of facility maintenance at New York Penn Station, including but not limited to contracted services, maintenance and custodial forces, security, and administrative duties.
- Assists General Superintendent in direction of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of New York Penn Station.
- Develops and implements policy and procedures for standardized maintenance, communications, customer and employee safety, security, and customer service relative to New York Penn Station.
- Assists in coordination of all internal and external activities in New York Penn Station, including coordination with Amtrak and Long Island Railroad, MTA, as well as real estate issues, lease administration, City, State, and Federal departments and Regulating Agencies, Special Events, Marketing, Community and Public Relations, Security and Safety, and others as needed.
- Plans, develops, and implements the day-to-day activities of new Projects at New York Penn Station and/or the major rehabilitation of existing assets. Takes initiative to ensure New York Penn Station projects are included in NJT capital planning efforts.
- Delegates work to assigned staff. Motivates, counsels, and conducts performance appraisals of subordinates.
- Directs and reviews the preparation of the Stations Department Operating Budget. Provides input to capital budgets.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Business Administration, Engineering or related area
- (8) years of experience in station operations/facility management.
- Experience must include prior managerial experience.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefits package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance - Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k), Retirement Plans - up to 9% match
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)