SUMMARY: Assists the E&M Superintendent with planning, organizing, developing and directing all daily activities. The focus of this position is to ensure that the facility is maintained and operated safely and effectively. The Assistant Superintendent will coordinate with foreman in each trade to oversee all work being done in the building through maintenance and repair. This position will assist with daily supervision and work distribution of union, non-union, and contract service workers performing duties in the facility. At the direction of the Superintendent, will carry out the plan to identify and research required technical improvements, while leading the building trades? workforce in performing their jobs effectively.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Superintendent may designate various other activities. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time for any reason, including reasonable accommodation.
- Carries out the plan devised by the Superintendent for daily staffing needs for specific projects.
- Daily supervision and oversight of unionized workers (in-house and contract personnel) who are engaged in work related to the physical plant related repairs and related maintenance.
- Monitors the quality of maintenance work being performed to ensure conformance with MCCA standards, schedules, and established scopes of work.
- Assist the E&M Management team with measuring and assessing mechanical system reliability, performance, and efficiencies as well as ensure the installations and procedures used are code compliant.
- Coordinates scheduling and assessments of energy consumption and efficiency of HVAC systems and equipment.
- Executes plan to troubleshoot various control systems or circuits as needed.
- Executes plan to troubleshoot failed equipment and formulate repair procedures
- Properly store file records and documentation pertaining to inspections, maintenance requirements, equipment and systems.
- Coordinates inspection of completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and industry standards.
- Works with procurement to requisition tools, equipment, materials, supplies and maintains inventory levels discussed with the Superintendent.
- Facilitate contract compliance to be approved by the Superintendent; resolving discrepancies as needed.
- At the direction of the Superintendent, schedules and prepares estimated work hour requirements for completion of various job assignments.
- Enforces rules and regulations pertaining to MCCA and contract personnel. Provides enforcement of all applicable safety regulations and MCCA Employee standards of conduct.
- Coordinates maintenance and repairswork withscheduled exhibit and meeting requirements.
- With guidance from the Superintendent, analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work associated problems.
- Review, amend, and approve the weekly Union labor hour time sheet submissions and work production records.
- Secures necessary permits, schedules and coordinates inspections.
- Schedules and coordinates annual State and Insurance Company safety inspection, of all equipment, pressure vessels, fire pumps, and vehicles
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists the Superintendent with daily supervision of the unionized workforce, and contracts, to include Carpenters, Electrician, Plumbers, Painters, Masons, Loading Dock, HVAC Maintenance and BMS Operations personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the MCCA?s organizational policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing employment candidates, making employment recommendations, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems