The Assistant Store Manager (Sales) is responsible for creating a sales driven culture by engaging customers, providing leadership/training to sales associates and working collaboratively with Store Management to ensure a consistent team message. The Assistant Store Manager (Sales) executes Store Manager/Company goals and strategies in order to create an outdoors-centric and customer focused retailexperience.
- Assist leading the store in the absence of and alongside the Store Manager.
- Set high expectations and hold others accountable, reward success, community involvement, promote brand recognition, clearly communicate policies and expectations.
- Promote sales and profit generation by communicating and meeting sales and profit goals, market appropriate merchandising, execution of plan-o-grams, use reporting tools as a guide in decision making.
- Drive operations and budget management by reducing costs while maintaining standards, achieving shrink goals, managing labor and other controllable expenses.
- Connect with customers and drive sales by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and make relevant suggestions for the customer’s outdoor lifestyle.
- Plan and delegate by executing company directives and inspiring the team to accomplish objectives, schedule and clearly assign and communicate work.
- Develop people through recruiting, training, and evaluating associates through performance feedback, timely reviews and development plans.
- Establish and maintain functional, productive working relationships across the organization as well as in the field.
- Follow and implement company processes and procedures including all compliance requirements, meet timelines as welll as as monitor progress and adjust timelines as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Key Results Expected from this Position:
- Sales Revenue: Deliver sales revenue to established budgets. Create and lead a selling culture that delivers critical sales metrics.
- EBITA Performance: Manage all aspects of accounting, operations, compliance, and shrink reduction.
- Customer Experience: Hire and lead associate team that is 100% committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Associate Engagement: Create a culture of constant learning and improvement that engages the entire store team. Maintain lower than industry turnover.
Education/Years of Experience:
- BA/BS in Business or related field with 4+ years of retail management experience, preferably in a big box format or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills required to interact with all levels of the company.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business. Includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates ethical and honest behavior in day to day interactions and business decisions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Computer skills to effectively maneuver in a Windows based environment.
- Must be flexible and able to react to the needs of the business. There will be times when most team members will be asked to take on additional responsibilities as directed by their supervisor.
- Able to freely access all areas of the register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, crouching, and kneeling; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Job ID 40140