You’re responsible for assisting the Store Manager in managing the total store operation, meeting all operational budgets, instituting all company policies, procedures, and programs. You will lead by example to all associates; you’re up to the task of all the administrative duties within the store.
What you will do:
- Support and execute a Superior Customer Service program.
- Responsible for timely resolution of customer complaints and making sure they are reported in a timely manner.
Management, Administration, and Safety:
- Interrelate with all management teams, buying, accounting and personnel offices.
- Oversees the front end manager duties to ensure proper cash control, customer service and cashier production levels.
- Responsible for scheduling store employees to coincide with budget and labor projections and to make daily adjustments as necessary.
- Responsible for timely resolution of employee concerns to maintain a healthy work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality concerning employee and company information.
- Responsible for maintaining all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for all administrative paperwork and for proper distribution and filing.
- Enforce all company policies, programs and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining all company and government mandated signs and store bulletin board.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the timekeeping system E-TIME and ensure that all edits are completed according to the payrollschedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees’ sign punch detail report and return completed punch detail to payroll in a timely manner.
- Responsible for new hire paperwork and sending completed paperwork to personnel in a timely manner.
Inventory and Merchandising:
- Assist in maintaining inventory control.
- Ensure that all loss prevention policies and procedures are in effect at all times.
- Properly manage inventory to achieve acceptable unaccounted/shrink figures
- Responsible for proper ordering and inventory control for the entire grocery department and sub-departments.
- Supervise the merchandising and maintenance of all displays, including all specialty department floor displays.
- Manage the planning and organization of all products on racking and warehouse to ensure proper inventory control.
- Responsible for proper product rotation as it applies to close dated/I items.
- Identify all merchandise warehoused within the store to inform associates and management of back stock for proper ordering.
- Responsible for managing the product location accordingly and recommends changes of space allocation per defined directive.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-7 years of retailexperience with at least one year of store management/leadership experience
- Working experience with perishable merchandise is preferred
- Ability to delegate and supervise a shift team, taking the lead when the Store Manager is not in the store
- Ability to assist with all daily store functions and activities including opening/closing, bookkeeping, ordering product and intensive freight processing
- Skill to display professionalism while maintaining a safe and friendly environment for customers and associates
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Repetitive squatting/kneeling/bending to access a point 5 inches from the floor for up to 30 hours is expected
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises.
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor