We are currently seeking an Assistant Resident Engineer with strong construction management experience for a transit project.
- Civil engineering field work and inspection preferably on transit construction involving bridges, complex architectural stations and at grade transit construction, including experience with cast-in-place and pre-cast segmental reinforced concrete construction, support of excavation, utilities, site work, track construction and other types of Work as specified in the design-build constructioncontract.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage inspectors that have expertise in building and parking garage construction, elevator/escalator installations, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, fire/life/safety, exterior tile and paver work, finishes, roofing and building envelope construction, and the other types of Work specified in the design-build construction contract.
- Strong report-writing, communication and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with contractors and third parties, and to resolve field problems in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to expeditiously determine merit and negotiate construction change orders and to develop an effective defense against construction claims.
- Experience working on design-build contracts.
- Bachelors Degree in the areas of engineering or construction management is preferred
- Minimum 15 years of construction experience
- Candidate should have strong computing skills including competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Candidate must be able to read plans and specs and must maintain quality control at the site