Are you a proven performer who enjoys working as part of a team that is focused on delivering superior results? Are you a creative and innovative collaborator who “thinks outside the box” and thrives on finding new ways to address challenges? If this sounds like you, you may qualify for a rewarding and exciting career at Suffolk, one of the most innovative construction management firms in the industry that has consistently been named one of the “best places to work” in the country!
This position will assist the Regional Controller in accounting, finance and administration role with the primary responsibility of supporting the day-to-day accounting, financial and administrative activities of the Region. The individual must have a minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience, preferably in the construction field. The individual will report directly to the Regional Controller. The successful candidate will have significant interaction with the Corporate Finance and Accounting Team as well as with other members of management.
- Manage and supervise accounting staff to provide an efficient team to perform assigned tasks.
- The Assistant RegionalController will be knowledgeable about all aspects of ProjectAccounting and each job assigned to the team and beresponsible forsupervisionof the following:
- Prepare the monthly requisition to the owner,
- Process budget updates,
- Select invoices to be included in the weekly disbursement cycle,
- Monitor and track the cash position of the project,
- Process subcontractor requisitions and,
- Ensure the subcontractor is complying with terms and conditions of the contract (i.e. insurance, billing procedures, etc.).
- The person will work closely with the Project Managers and Project Executives on all facets of project accounting and administration.
- Manage Regional cash collection activity as well as prepare cash forecasts.
- Prepare annual G&A budgets and monitor the financial operations to insure compliance with budgets.
- Assist the Regional Controller in the monthly preparation of the Rolling 8-Quarter P&L forecast.
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate Risk Manager and the Regional Accounting Team. Assist the Corporate Risk Manager with the implementation of a Contractor Controlled Insurance Program (CCIP) and Contractor Default Insurance (SDI)
- Monthly WIP review with Regional and Corp Accounting
- Eight to ten years of accounting experience, preferably in the construction field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of standard accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience in the construction industry a plus.
- CPA certification a plus.
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism be innovative and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to interact with various management levels within the organization.
- Must be able to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner.
- Outstanding team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Dedicated and loyal to the organization and teammates.
- Strong leadership skills and qualities.
- Organizational skills and the need to be timely and accurate.