This position is responsible for assisting the department manager with managing the Company’s quality assurance program and quality assurance laboratory.
The QA Assistant Manager will assist with, establish, and maintain robust quality systems that will ensure the company is meeting or exceeding customer needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Safety - Safety is the number one priority for the organization. As a member of the management team you are responsible for communicating to your employees on a continual basis the importance of conducting themselves in a safe manner.
· Responsible for quality management system (ISO9001).
· Implements Quality Assurance Procedures - By implementing and enforcing all quality assurance procedures and answering Staff questions about policies and procedures; by managing the analysis of statistical data to determine present capabilities and determine capability to meet future analysis expectations; by formulating and maintaining quality assurance objectives and coordinating objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other Managers to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs; by researching and recommending alternative methods and procedures to solve problems and meet changing analytical requirements; by communicating with production Staff about procedures to assure the quality of new products; by investigating quality assurance claims and problems and confirming implementation of corrective actions; by managing corrective action paperwork for supplier, plant, and customer problems; by leading management teams for disposition of OOC products and raw materials; by making recommendations to changes in quality control procedures to Officers as necessary.
· Analyzes Information - by reviewing technical problems and recommending solutions to problems and changes in procedures; by ensuring the accuracy of all statistical data, by monitoring, reporting, and adjusting customer, supplier, and internal product SPC controls.by preparing reports for Officers about quality control information and recommendations as necessary.
· Ensures Smooth Operations - by making sure that the department functions productively; by establishing guidelines; by ensuring that Staff perform assigned tasks accurately, allowing the Company to maximize financial performance and limit risk.
· Raw material and finished product quality - by monitoring and working with raw material suppliers and subcontractors to maintain quality of incoming supplies and subcontracted work.
· Supervises staff - by providing direction and delegating responsibilities to subordinate Staff; by evaluating work performed by subordinate Staff; by training Staff when necessary; by providing subordinate Staff with regular feedback; by conducting Performance Appraisals; by contributing to employment decisions (i.e. promotions, salary adjustments, termination, etc.).
· Contributes to the team effort- by being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other Staff as needed; and by accomplishing related tasks when requested.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge - by attaining job-related certification; by keeping up on industry trends; and by applying that knowledge to the job.
· Improves processes - by examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
Qualifications and Knowledge
· May be required to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, forms and instructions in.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively respond to questions from Management, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
· Ability to effectively deliver presentations to Managers, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and be able to design custom reports as necessary.
· Must be tactful, mature, flexible and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year College or University. Preferably in a science or engineering field.
· Minimum three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge and experience with ISO9001.
· Experience using SAP and LIMS systems.
· Must have leadership skills and management experience.
We offer an outstanding benefits package which includes: 90% employer paid medical, 100% employer paid dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance and a matching 401k plan. Ten vacation days, five sick days, and sixteen paid holidays annually.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.