Manages projects from pre-sourcing activity through launch to achieve cost targets and maintain project timing. Proposes countermeasures when there are risks. Supports all management inquiries related to programs. Coordinates with relevant functions to ensure a successful program introduction. Works with the manager of purchasing project management, or RNPO Management to assure appropriate representation in program-related meetings and events. Supports the continuous development of the PPM function.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Works with other department program management leads (SCM, PPE, Pricing) to identify annual and mid-term program activities and events. Works with other department program management leaders to coordinate parts scope for sourcing and establishment, timing cadence, and division of responsibilities to divide workflow effectively for on-time sourcing and launch of vehicle. Recommends on behalf of RNPO for parts to be added, deleted, shifted, or re-assigned from scope.
- Takes project leader responsibility for accurately tracking bill of materials parts list, all piece cost and tooling expenditures, budget, sourcing and current status associated with a project platform(s) from sourcing to launch. Updates status with all real time cost fluctuations prior to launch. Tracks and reports parts with anomalies and facilitates financial issue resolutions. Coordinates and helps to prioritize activities for buyers or other resources to achieve project cost and timing milestones, including sourcing plan, sourcing recommendations, approved budget sharing, commercial commitment documents, contracts, or PO Establishment.
- Facilitates issue resolution between the Program Team(s) and Purchasing. Launches and facilitates activities for process/system improvements to avoid issue re-occurrences. Works cross functionally to continuously improve the Aftersales SCM supplier assignment process by providing up-stream BOM data from production purchasing PPM to Parts Change Management (PCM) team on the suppliers and locations which have been sourced by production.
- Supports or Leads all change activities for current model programs (post-launch) looking for business link opportunities from upcoming sourcing actions, ensuring commercial cost reductions (CCD’s) promised at program sourcing timing are executed, and ensuring establishment of PO’s occur that are related to program minor model or running design changes. Primary leader to run program management activities for review of ongoing scope management. Coordinates resources to ensure PO’s or cost changes occur within timing guidelines to avoid minor model launch, vehicle off road, or parts backorder issues for Nissan. May be required to assist Finance with program Bill of material (BOM) update and reporting.
- Works as a team with the PPM organization in Japan as well as other project management members from the engineering and cost management and supply chain management functions. Ensures program critical data is retained in Alliance Connect and able to reference in the future for RNPO.
- Program Resource Management. Primary interface to offshore labor resources to enable RNPO task offshoring for sourcing, RFQ response requests, reporting, ad-hoc research, and/or PO issuance. Ensures offshore compliance with RNPO departmental or Program KPI reporting.
- Knowledge of overall development schedules and milestones. Good knowledge of overall manufacturing processes. Analytical skills at a macro and micro level. Ability to manage at both the program and the part level basis. Knowledge of buyer function a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in purchasing, supply chain parts arrangement, or project management. Experience working in a multi-cultural team environment desired. 1+ years in a work leader role coordinating the work of other employees or contractors desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
- Thorough computer knowledge in Excel, PPT, or mainframe/web/SAP applications to resolve complex problems in day to day situations.
- Occasional day or overnight travel, including some international travel.
- Availability for frequent early morning or late night video/audio conferences with domestic or overseas operations. May work remotely off site for up to 50% to enable cross functional, cross-regional co-ordination with locations such as the NPRC/SCM Facilities. Remote work is depending on manager direction, program or departmental objectives and requirements.