The Assistant Project Manager supports the day-to-day project management operations on projects and provides support for the Project Manager, who is ultimately responsible for managing and coordinating all the necessary resources and documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for reviewing and tracking contracts, pricing, purchase orders, change orders, shop drawings, submittals, insurance certificates and Requests for Information (RFI), all using Expedition programs. This individual is also responsible for submitting for building permits, planning revision submissions to municipalities; collaborating with Counsel on contract and insurance modifications and discrepancies; addressing trade partner challenges; capturing and distributing weekly video and meeting minutes; coordinating meetings, revised drawings and warranty certificates with trade partners; and assembling project close out manuals.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
Log-in and track Contracts & Purchase Orders.
Log-in, track and review shop drawings and submittals.
Log-in and receive Insurance Certificates.
Create and update Vendor and Subcontractor Contact Log.
Price and create Proposed Change Orders
Submit, track response and issue Requests for Information
- Responsible for submitting for building permits, follow up with any issues related to this.
- Plan revision submissions to municipality.
- Follow up on contracts, Insurance Certificates, Insurance discrepancies & Contract modifications with Suffolk Attorney.
- Address Subcontractor issues.
- Assist with Project Schedule Narratives.
- Take Weekly Video and distribute to General Manager.
- Create Weekly Meeting Minutes – Owner’s and Subcontractors meetings.
- Set up coordination meetings with Subcontractors.
- Distribute revised drawings to Subcontractors.
- Write up descriptions for Purchase Orders and Subcontract Requests.
- Responsible for obtaining and tracking Subcontractor warranty certificates.
- Responsible for obtaining information and assembling close out manuals.
- Assist PM with any additional duties.
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism.
- Computer Literate.
- Good communication skills.
- Accurate with an attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline, 5 years of related experience or completion of Suffolk’s Career Start Program as a Project Engineer or Project Engineer with another firm.