The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing and we currently are seeking an Assistant Project Manager with strong technical skills to work in the infrastructure, real estate development, and institutions markets to assist in management of projects that require site characterization, engineering design of foundations and below-grade structures, and field support during construction. We offer new engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental services projects for a wide range of clients in a collaborative team-based approach. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position will be located in our Boston, MA office.
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Work with and supportProject Managers on all aspects the project to address client goals and objectives.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing work scope tasks, financial, and technical aspects of projects.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Assist in project execution to meet technical, quality, budgetary, and scheduling requirements.
- Direct geotechnical field investigation and testing programs.
- Prepare recommendations for various geotechnical-related and foundation systems; including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, support of excavation, micro-piles, and spread footings.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering (8 years experience)
- Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering highly preferred (5 years experience)
- Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software.
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected.
- Positive attitude, teamwork, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must.