The Assistant Program Manager (APM) is a full-time, on-site position and is the second most senior representative of the Company on site. The APM serves as and assumes the responsibilities of the program manager in the absence of the PM. When acting for the PM, the APM has full authority to commit the Company to action on matters pertaining to the Company’s administration of the PWS. The APM is dedicated to the management of all aspects of maintenance and operation support services and ensures compliance for all contract operations for the N2W Operations and Maintenance Support Services contract.
• Reports directly to the PM, and provides critical counsel to the PM on actions and matters emanating from the subordinate branches and offices across the contract.
• Makes recommendations on policies and procedures for performance and control of all project business management functions and technical support.
• Ensures quality standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
• Has overall responsibility for Quality Control and Safety on the project. Participates in quality defects investigations and development of resolutions (corrective and preventive).
• Monitors and reviews performance of functional managers/supervisors and submissions of required reports and Contract Data Requirements List.
• Prompt resolution of issues associated with performance.
• Ensures subordinate branches and offices are effectively partnering with customers to continuously improve performance.
• Serves as principal liaison between the company and Agency stakeholders in PM’s absence.
• Directs and approves contract modifications, provides input to budgets, monitors contractual performance and costs, and takes action to correct discrepant conditions. Has secondary responsibility for P&L of the contract.
• Maintains working knowledge of requisite business systems as they relate to the contract, including ability to implement future programs.
• Provides guidance and direction to finance and accounting, human resources, training, security, safety, and environmental. Enforces regulatory compliance.
• Conducts briefings and participates in meetings for internal and external stakeholders concerning specific project operations.
• Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
Skills and Qualifications
•Bachelor's Degree in Facility Management, Construction Management, Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Structural), or other related field
• Industry recognized certification in Program Management, Project Management, or Facility Management
•10+ years’ experience with responsible oversight of facility operations and maintenance support functions and managing all aspects of building operations with at least 7 years of which must have been on a contract employing 75+ personnel and valued annually at $8M or greater.
• Developed supervisory skills with proven ability to direct customer focused teams providing maintenance, and facility alterations and repair services
• Experience with managing LEED certified facilities
• Experience in development, maintenance, and reporting of facility and service metrics
• Working knowledge of the application of computerized maintenance management systems(CMMS) as a management tool for facilities O&M Contract execution and control
• Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented In formation (TS/SCI) clearance required