$80K — $100K *
Position SummaryThe University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Biology, beginning Fall 2021. This tenure-track position is being offered at the Assistant Professor level. The successful candidate will be expected to achieve excellence in teaching and to participate in continued development of the UNT-Dallas Biology Department, which offers B.A. and B.S. degrees in Biology.
We are particularly interested in student-centric, innovative, and energetic candidates who can help lead the development of UNT-D’s Biology Department through program development, student recruitment, and community outreach. We seek an experienced leader and Biology generalist who can contribute to the Biology program by teaching a range of biology and health-related bioscience courses. This new faculty member is expected to develop an active research program with undergraduates and will also be responsible for advising student organizations and developing courses and programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Expectations for tenure-track faculty at UNT-D include excellent teaching, research, and service, resulting in contributions equivalent to a four-course load each semester. This workload expectation can be fulfilled through a combination of teaching, high-quality research and scholarship, service, and program development. Faculty are also expected to participate in such service activities as curriculum development, student recruiting and advising, program assessment, and committee leadership.
Minimum QualificationsREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ph.D. in Biology or other closely related field by start date
• Evidence or demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching
• Experience in teaching first-year Biology and Biology for non-science majors
• Experience in teaching a range of core biology courses such as Cell Biology, Genetics, Anatomy and Physiology, Animal Physiology, Microbiology and associated Laboratory courses, as well as upper-level courses based on area of expertise
• Demonstrated potential for excellence in scholarship
• Demonstrated effective written, verbal, and team-building communication skills
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bioinformatics or data analysis experience
• Demonstrated research productivity
• Experience supervising undergraduate research students
• Experience in curriculum development and developing interdisciplinary degree programs
• Experience in building and supervising student organizations
• Experience in developing and implementing service learning and experiential learning in curricular and co-curricular settings
• Academic experience working with a culturally diverse population.
Valid through: 6/8/2021