OHSU Family Medicine is part of the OHSU School of Medicine and is focused on family health. We provide preventive, primary and specialty care for you, your children, your spouse, your parents and your grandparents. We provide all that family medicine has to offer - from maternity care through geriatrics including Sports Medicine. Our clinics are home to more than 120,000 patients every year, but despite the large number, our physicians, nurses and other clinic staff know their patients - and their families - by name. Our patient care is among the nation's best, ranked #1 among the nation's medical school family medicine departments by U.S. News and World Report.
Function/Duties of Position
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service. Responsibilities include:
- Provide full spectrum family medicine care at the Waterfront Clinic, including obstetrical care.
- Work collaboratively with full and part time faculty to maintain an active practice.
- The faculty member will be expected to have a strong commitment to developing the practice into a vibrant clinical and academic operation, which is successful from both a professional and business point of view.
- Participate in continuing education, professional and faculty development and scholarship. Previous work experience in primary care is required.
- See patients in the clinic eight half days per week and have two half day’s available for administrative duties/scholarship duties. Expectations for number of patients seen per half day will be commensurate with that of other faculty and with minimum target numbers of 8-10 visits per half day depending on complexity of the patient population.
- Document using the electronic health record and maintains complete and timely patient care documentation consistent with OHSU and Family Medicine policies and procedures.
- Is available for teaching activities including but not limited to resident precepting, student precepting, didactics and more.
- By mutual agreement between the Department and the physician, this position may include Inpatient Care (at OHSU and/or Tuality) with call duties being shared with the faculty inpatient call group.
- The Appointee will be expected to participate in seeing patients during expanded access hours in the clinic, including their share of evenings and weekends, and call coverage.
Compensation for the position will include a University base academic salary and a clinical incentive system based on productivity, as well as, personal initiative.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible. (Licensed in Oregon)
- M.D./D.O. with a graduate medical education in an ACGME accredited Family Medicine Residency.
- Capable of providing comprehensive health services
- Certified to prescribe
- Approved staff privileges at OHSU University Hospital, Tuality Hospital and other specific community hospitals.