The OHSU Department of Neurology is recruiting a full time neurologist for our Neuromuscular and ALS Center. Position will include opportunity to lead team including two additional neuromuscular specialists, participation in outpatient and EMG clinics; teaching medical students, neurology residents, and neuromuscular fellows. This position includes the opportunity to develop and maintain a funded research program. Candidate should be board certified in Neurology and fellowship trained in Neuromuscular Medicine. The OHSU Department of Neurology is one of the nation’s leading neurologic research and training programs, and provides the most comprehensive care of neurologic illnesses in the Pacific Northwest in a large multi-subspecialty clinical practice which includes over 50 neurologists.
Function/Duties of Position
- Clinical Responsibilities: Approximately 80% of your time will be devoted to clinical activities, and includes four ½ day clinic sessions per week in the neuromuscular clinics at the OHSU Center for Health & Healing and three ½ day EMG clinics per week. This position may serve as part of neurology attending in the OHSU Hospital inpatient ward and will also participate in the evening/weekend call coverage pool. The specific dates of rotations will be determined by mutual agreement between this position and the Chair of the Department.
- Research Responsibilities: Encouraged to develop and maintain a funded research program as part of the Neuromuscular & ALS Center.
- Academic Responsibilities: Teach medical students, residents and fellows as deemed appropriate by the Chair of the Department of Neurology.
- Participate in Departmental activities consistent with your position and with the understanding that your position requires a focus and dedication of time to the OHSU Neuromuscular Center. Other activities may include, but are not limited to, membership on Departmental and SOM committees.
- M.D. Board eligible or board certified
- Must be eligible for or licensed through the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners