Not Specified years
Posted 266 days ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The goal of the successful candidate will be to develop and oversee a new Multidisciplinary Clinic for Rasopathies, focused on care of patients with these genetic disorders, and to Lead the Clinical Research component of a new Rasopathies Research Center at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The candidate will work closely with Dr. Elizabeth Schorry, Director of the CCHMC Neurofibromatosis Clinic within the Division of Genetics, Dr. Darcy Krueger in the Division of Neurology, and Dr. Nancy Ratner, Director of the Neural Tumors and Cancer Biology Program within the Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology. The position will involve multidisciplinary collaboration with an active and dynamic group of researchers and clinicians across the Divisions of Cardiology, Neurology, Genetics, Behavioral Medicine, Oncology and other Divisions. Contributions to clinical service, training and education of residents, fellows and other trainees, and participation in research projects, independently or in collaboration with other researchers, is expected, as is independent grant funding. Participation in service/administrative activities of the relevant Department/Division is also anticipated.
CCHMC ranks at the top of pediatric medical centers globally for external funding and research accomplishments, including Clinical, Translational, and Basic Research, and is one of the largest children's hospitals in the nation. This environment provides rich collaborative opportunities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patient Care: Provide safe, effective and compassionate patient care
commensurate with the level of advancement and clinical specialty. Provides contributions to clinical service as evidenced by expertise in clinical care. Develop a local and regional recognition by peers and patients as an authority in the field. Develop a local or regional referral base for subspecialist. Develop clinical skills or programs that are locally or regionally distinctive. Document patient care on appropriate records. May implement innovative approaches to patient care. Provide disease specific expert consultation relative area of specialty. Examine patients and coordinate services for their care. Perform procedures, collect data, analyze data and make decisions regarding patient care, including initial screening, assessment, diagnosis, prognosis, care, reassessment and discontinuation of care. Formulate, maintain, support, monitor and modify a patient-specific plan for care, treatment and rehabilitation based on the patient's assessment. Plan and coordinate care, treatment and rehabilitation for discharged patients. Monitor appropriateness of therapeutic management and care to assure that it occurs in a timely fashion. Promote patient care outcomes on ongoing basis.
2. Teaching and Training: Teaches and supervises the patient care of assigned medical students, residents and fellows, monitoring the medical care of medical to assure care provided is safe and effective. Contributions may include: recognition as an excellent teacher, role model and mentor; assume a role in a major teaching or clinical training program; invited to participate in local and regional educational opportunities; participate in the development or direction of educational program, curricular offerings and teaching materials; participates in curriculum committee or other education related committees. May serve as consult to otherfaculty and community physicians. May prepare, organize and provide lectures for residents. Prepare and regularly teach at bedside in the Division. Participate in all divisional/departmental educational activities. Maintain currency in field through continuing education, literature and seminars
3. Service and/or Administration: Participates in service and/or administration as evidenced by one of the following: contribute to the development of programs for patient care of educational purposes; or take a role in the direction of an academic division; or provide consultation on a specific program development; or participate in performance improvement programs; or participate on divisional, departmental, or Medical Staff committees. Provides faculty coverage as needed within the department. Actively participates in all Division activities. Maintain currency in all departmental policies, procedures and standards. Promote interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships and encourage team concepts. Promote the implementation of long and short term goals and objectives and ensures that they are appropriate to the Division. Complete evaluations for students, residents and peers.
4. Scholarly Activity: Participates in scholarly activities as evidenced by: publication of clinical investigation, clinical observations, reviews, chapters or books; participation in clinical trials, and/or clinical investigations; reviews manuscripts. Design and conduct clinical research on various areas of clinical specialty. Publish and/or co-author findings and conclusions resulting from research in a timely fashion. Presents findings internally. Assist in the design and implementation of programs which evaluates the efficacy of treatment. Recommend approaches for improvement activities, recommend and perform new processes, collect and measure data, develop processes based on performance and communicate results. Assist in obtaining funding from outside sources for research and teaching programs.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Demonstrates excellence in the care of patients. Demonstrates a high level of clinical competency and committed to providing excellent patient care. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Professional knowledge and administrative ability sufficient to care for infants, children and adolescent patients. Analytical ability required to evaluate data, and make judgments with regard to medical/surgical, and clinical research material. Possess organization and prioritization abilities. Knowledge of practice specialty, growth and development, family centered care, pathohysiology and/or pharmacology. Demonstrated skills in physical assessments, diagnosis, medical management, clinical consultation, research and education. Ability to train residents and fellows. Organizational ability to work effectively within a highly matrixed and complex medical center. Possesses expert knowledge and experience of medical specialty.
Prior clinical practice experience in aRasopathy Clinic
· MD or MD/PhD with formal training and boardeligibility/certification in Pediatrics and/or Genetics, Cardiology, Neurology,Hematology/Oncology or other relevant specialty.
· Approval/credentialing from CCHMC MedicalStaff Services Division
· Completion of all required pre-employmentactivities
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonalcommunication skills.
· Capable of relating to diverse age anddemographic backgrounds.
· Organizational ability, to work effectivelywithin a complex medical center.
Job Number: 80261