Function/Duties of Position
Reporting to the Head of the Division of the Surgical Oncology at OHSU, the surgeon will focus their clinical efforts on supporting the growth of the multidisciplinary breast program at OHSU. In connection with academic responsibilities (teaching and research), the appointee is expected to engage in clinical activities at OHSU Hospitals and Clinics. This position requires undivided effort at the specified FTE level.
The surgeon will work in a collaborative fashion with colleagues in medical oncology, radiology, genetics, benign breast health, plastic surgery, radiation oncology and others and will demonstrate a commitment to clinical and operational excellence. Responsibilities include:
- Participates in Surgical Oncology coverage and other clinical activities of the University Hospital. Clinical activities may include breast surgical services and leadership opportunities at OHSU community partner site of Hillsboro Medical Center
- Participates in education of residents, interns, and medical students assigned to the Division of Surgical Oncology
- Participates in administrative committees and councils as approved by the Chair
- Contributes to department administration and participates in administrative committees and councils as assigned by the Chair
- Establishes and maintains a program of scholarly activity directed toward improved understanding of the causes, prevention, detection and treatment of breast diseases
- Participates in competitive clinical and basic or translational research toward improved understanding of the causes, prevention, detection and treatment of breast disease
- Participates in all quality management efforts of the division, department, and hospital
- The development of additional areas of practice focus will be pursued in consultation with the division head and medical director of the breast program
- M.D., board certified or board eligible at the time of hire
- Completed fellowship training in breast surgical oncology
- Extensive knowledge and experience in research, including basic research and government and industry sponsored research, and is capable of performing independent work in breast procedures
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter and CV.