ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• See and evaluate patients.
• Develop a treatment plan for continuity patients.
• Physician productivity needs to meet or exceed the levels established by department management.
• Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations.
• Orders for diagnostic services, and referrals to specialists.
• Be an active member of a clinical group practice.
• Share call responsibilities within the clinical group and provide medical care to the patients of other providers when they are not available.
• Attend the required number of FCM Medical Grand Rounds.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators as developed and assigned by community health program performance improvement committee.
• Maintain professionalism in relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• All professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork must be completed/renewed well ahead of their expiration.
Minimum Education: M.D.
Minimum Job Experience: Residency training in family medicine
Minimum Certification/Licenses/Registration: License from Texas Medical Board certification in Family Medicine. Board required to practice medicine in the state of Texas. Board Certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics