This is a faculty position with the Department of Medicine in the section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology to provide patient care services at McNair Campus in an outpatient clinic setting, endoscopy outpatient services and inpatient consult at Baylor St. Luke’s in the medical center.
Duties include direct patient care and participation in the education of medical students or residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES - Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• See and evaluate new and existing patients in the clinical setting, in addition to 4-5 outpatient endoscopy sessions per week.
• Participate in the inpatient consult service at Baylor St. Luke’s
• Develop a treatment plan for patients
• Physician productivity needs to meet or exceed the levels established by the College.
• Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations.
• Orders for diagnostic services and referrals to specialists.
• Be an active member of a clinical group practice, including educational activities such as participate in Grand Rounds, monthly faculty meetings & retreats
• Share call responsibilities within the clinical group and provide medical care to the patients of other providers when they are not available.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators
• Maintain professionalism in relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• All professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork must be completed/renewed well ahead of their expiration.
Minimum Education: M.D.
Minimum Job Experience: Residency & Fellowship training in Gastroenterology
Minimum Certification/Licenses/Registration: License from Texas Medical Board certification. Board required to practice medicine in the state of Texas.