Windsor Locks, CT
5 - 7 years
Posted 79 days ago
Supervises and coordinates activities of direct reports and cell/department to ensure a quality product is produced safely, in time for delivery, and within budgeted costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversees all aspects of production departments by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
· Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operation
· Uses lean manufacturing principles to continuously improve associates and the flow of production through the facility
· Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
· Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications. Directs quality teams and CAPA process
· Ensures that all associates are held to productivity standards in accordance with company policy
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
· Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
· Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards
· Completes and maintains accurate records of Production Manager Standard Work
· Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations
· 4-7 years job related experience in a lean manufacturing environment
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
· Problem identification and resolution skills
· Basic PC skills in Windows environment
· Understanding of plant procedures and policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilitiesassociated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment.