Assistant Plant Manager Summary:
The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for the on-time production of quality products while handling the daily activities of the plant.
Assistant Plant Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the plant operational activities to ensure the safety of associates, high product quality standards and production schedules are met so that the P&L is positively managed at or below budgeted cost to established specifications.
- Able to manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identified operational targets.
- Timely output of product in response to customer orders.
- Provide recommendations to the Plant Manager for capital investments to maintain or improve the quality of the production process.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the job tasks available and coordinate the adjusted work for employees with work restrictions.
- Secure a quality production process that meets established standards and achieves desired product yields
- Ensure consistency with all production of appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Influence positive change and continuous improvements using Lean, TPS, and trained problem solving methodologies (i.e., Six Sigma, RedX, etc.) through meaningful, effective communication.
- Leads in the professional development of operational leaders.
- Develops and executes manufacturing strategy delivering on committed financial performance and customer service.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- Experience with product management / development or new business development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees).
- Results oriented approach.
- Ability to establish priorities based on customer needs and critical milestones.