Process Management / Control
- Collects and analyzes data on process operations using statistical methods.
- Conduct process capability studies, determining the ability of our processes to conform to product specifications.
- Develops process guidelines and checklists for the consistent operation of processes utilizing LEAN methods.
- Transfers “best practices” from one shift/operator, to all other shifts and operators.
- Conducts audits of process operation to documented procedures and set points.
- Assists in the start-up of new products and processes.
- Assists production, maintenance and engineering in identifying problems with equipment and processes, and suggesting corrective actions, and following up to ensure that corrective actions are effective.
- Familiar with all quality standards to act as advisor to production on product quality.
- Conduct audits of production’s quality procedures and activities.
- Familiar with basic QC test procedures to investigate quality failures or to evaluate product when lab technicians are not available.
- Collects and analyzes data on product quality using statistical methods.
- Conducts project work as assigned by Engineering and Plant Manager (Monitoring experimental runs, technical documentation, 6-sigma projects, etc.).
- Initiates 6-sigma projects for the improvement of product quality and process efficiency.
- Acts as a Green belt 6-sigma team leader.
Health and Safety
- Fully participate in all plant and company safety programs.
- Prepare and conduct shift safety training.
- Ensure that all equipment is functioning safely.
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain high level of plant housekeeping.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the site Emergency Response Plan
- Schedule efficient use of plant manpower.
- Ensure compliance with published production schedule.
- Ensure all plant equipment is functioning efficiently.
- Ensure satisfactory completion of all equipment maintenance.
- Serve as the back-up to plant manager
- Organize and lead hourly labor force.
- Have full knowledge of all plant rules and Union contract.
- Maintain shift vacation schedule and attendance records
- Ensure all production is posted within SAP in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper coding of all labor and materials
- Five to ten years practical experience
- BS or BA, Engineering or Business required
- Familiar with LEAN concepts and practices
- Ability to identify problems and recommend corrective action.
- Working knowledge of scientific concepts, statistical techniques and basic testing apparatus.
- Computer literacy required.z