Lead daily plant manufacturing operations to meet or exceed plant budget and company goals. Maintain positive and productive workforce through effective leadership. Ensure highest standards of safety and quality are upheld.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead daily manufacturing operations with direct supervisory responsibility for operations, maintenance, scheduling, and warehousing functions.
- Oversee overall plant operations in Plant Manager's absence.
- Work collaboratively with all employees and support other divisions.
- Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper selection, training, and task assignment.
- Provide appropriate direction, mentoring, training, and development planning for direct reports.
- Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to improve plant performance related to safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Employ strategic planning in determining future operations needs.
- Address production, quality, personnel, safety, customer, and regulatory issues in a timely fashion.
- Review and ensure plant and products meet customer requirements and organizational production objectives are met.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with DFA procedures, customer requirements, and government regulations (i.e. EPA, FDA, OSHA, USDA, and local and state laws). Address any non-compliance immediately and notify relevant DFA leadership.
- Conduct meetings with plant staff to ensure all operational issues are communicated and addressed expediently through common understanding of goals.
- Assist in development and monitoring of budgets, capital projects, policies, and procedures.
- Interact with customers to meet their expectations on operational and quality objectives.
- Promote continuous improvement culture and activities.
- Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive.
- Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity.
- Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Ensure availability to respond to emergencies or other unexpected operational requirements (i.e. nights, weekends, or holidays). Participate in on-call rotation.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Food Science, Business or related field
- 5 years of manufacturing management, including direct supervisory responsibilities
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters of Science in related discipline preferred
- Food, beverage or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Prefer experience with SAP
- Certification and/or Licenses
- Certificate of completion from certified FDA Better Process School or able to obtain within 12 months of employment
- May be required to obtain and maintain other certifications and/or licenses in the future