Industry: Food & Beverages•
8 - 10 years
Posted 30 days ago
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Assistant Plant Manager to join this legacy company and the primary purpose of this position is to direct the activities of the plant's production department through the production manager and the shift supervisors. This position has the potential for career growth up and through the Plant Manager position. This position participates in the overall management of the plant and plays a key role in the continuous improvement of all processes and performance metrics.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and will have 5 direct reports (all production supervisors).
1. Manages the safety and health factors in all processes.
2. Maximizes yields (product to raw material ratios).
3. Minimizes off-specification product.
4. Maximizes throughput (pounds product per cycle time).
5. Maximizes equipment use.
6. Manages scheduling and timing of production.
7. Provides leadership and training.
8. Organizes personnel.
9. Plans for current and future production requirements.
10. Implements plans and checks on progress.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a discretionary and a competitive benefits package.