Arcosa Wind Tower is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to work in our new Belen, NM location.
The Assist Plant Manager’s overall objective is to work closely with the Plant Manager to meet and exceed customer expectations, maintain compliance with quality guidelines, manufacturing codes, and regulatory requirements, ensure a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors while reducing costs, increasing service levels, and achieving operation manufacturing excellence. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Location: Belen, NM
What You'll Do:
- Assist Plant Manager in organizing and managing day-to-day activities for plant operations,
- Own and assist in developing employee and plant safety culture to ensure OSHA and company policy compliance
- Assist in the development of accurate financial budgets and activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency
- Assist in leading production, material procurement, production planning, distribution, cost accounting, EHS, and customer service teams
- Direct and manage resources as needed to assist the implementation of tactical business plans and programs to see work through completion
- Communicate the vision for the plant and implement strategy and objectives effectively
- Set clear and consistent expectations for your team for performance, hold teams and individuals accountable and leverage resources available to accomplish goals
- Ensure your team has necessary resources and removes barriers where appropriate
- Keep an uplifting and positive demeanor
- Prioritize the necessary resources and create the tactical steps required to accomplish your goals on time
- Identify talent correctly and develop a collaborative team of key contributors
- Assist in plant staffing and drive retention
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and focus on Lean Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and P&L management
- Schedule routine inspection and maintenance of plant equipment to prevent machine downtime
- Provide training and guidance to employees to meet performance standards
- Lead your team at being an active and contributing partner in their communities
- Consistently and accurately achieve desired and promised results
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in an industrial steel manufacturing plant
- Experience with moderate to complex project management involving materials and manufacturing processes in a steel fabrication environment
- Able to apply quality control and manufacturing best practices for customer specification, code, and regulatory & testing requirements
- Considerable knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices and able to communicate specific projects with sustainable results
- Excellent ability to communicate and interface with peers and customer representatives
- Microsoft Office suite experience and proficiency with Excel
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to be available after hours, weekends and holidays as needed to support operations
- Work environment includes plant, warehouse, production and non-production areas and plant grounds.
- This position will require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant
- Safety Activities
- Be aware of and observe all safety practices.
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned.
- As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Activating the potential of our people,
- Caring for our customers,
- Optimizing operations and
- Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promote a results-driven culture that is aligned with long term value creation.
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Health & Prescription
- Dental & Vision
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) W/Company Match
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program