I am searching for an Assistant Plant Controller with SAP experience for the pre-eminent manufacturer and marketer of specialty foods and liquid condiments in Deming, New Mexico. This position is responsible for directing the financial activities for the company's Deming, NM manufacturing plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain confidentiality of documents and financial record, reports and information of the organization.
Ensures that the monthly, quarterly and annual financialledgers are closed within published timetables.
- Provide lead support for the Deming location’s transition to the SAP ERP software.
- Assist in trouble shooting and problem solving with the SAP software conversion.
- Become the production super user at the Deming location.
- Provide operational support with regard to production costs, production efficiencies, yields, budgeting and variance analysis to the Deming Director of Operations, Vice President – Operations and Corporate Financial team.
- Monitor and analyze manufacturing variances and provide feedback to the Director of Operations, to assist in the efficient operation of the plant operation.
- Provide analytical support with regard to inventory, production reporting and the company’s ERP system.
- Reviews the plant financial results with local plant management.
- Provides plant and corporate management with timely reviews of Deming plant’s organization's financial and operational results and progress in its various programs and activities.
Corporate Governance / Internal Control
- Ensure corporate objectives and policies are implemented and that the Deming plant are in compliance with appropriate company policies and procedures with regard to the manufacturing operation.
- Recommends modifications to improve operational processes and controls.
- Calculates and communicates daily yield results.
- Assist the Director of Operations in the preparation of the budget and periodic projections which summarize and forecast the Deming plant business activity and financial position in areas of manufacturing costs, plant efficiencies, production yields based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation. Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Provides supporting documentation and justification.
- Review and recommend the Deming location’s bills of material, crewing standards, line efficiencies, yields for standard cost maintenance.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Provide back up support to the Deming Controller function.
- Recommends modifications to improve financial and operational processes and controls.
- Assist with audits of company's financial accounts and records.
- Recommends modifications to improve accounting processes and controls.
- Assisting other team members with workload, issues, training, and problem resolution as required.
- Cooperating with co-workers in order to maintain a healthy and friendly environment as well as proper communication within the office.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position supervises the Senior Staff Accountant function
- SAPexperience is a must have.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.