This position works at the direction of the Operations Controller. Specializing in Manufacturing Accounting and collaborating with Plant Operations personnel, overseeing the integrity of Manufacturing Accounting controls and accuracy of plant accounting associated with manufacturing process and inventoryvaluation.
- Develop true product standard cost using activity based costing for 1,000+ SKU’s
- Manage reporting on manufacturing conversion cost variances on direct labor and overhead expenses vs. budget and absorption on the spending production of carrots
- Develop standard cost for packaging materials and purchase spending of carrots
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliations of all categories of inventory for CPG Plant
- Maintain an effective control environment related to inventory transactional accounting
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley testing related to inventory controls and product costing is performed on timely basis
- Manage Inventory Cycle Count Process in plant consumption locations for packaging materials inventory to ensure the integrity of balances reported in Financial Statements as well as true material usage variance reporting.
- Support Cost Accounting organization with month end close process following rigid time lines to complete accounting financial close activities within 3 business days
- Support internal and external audit teams to provide requested documentation related to cost accounting and inventoryreporting and to ensure proper accounting principles are being followed
- Responsible for maintaining accurate master data on inventory items in JD Edwards as well as RP System
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation related to Inventory Accountingprocesses and procedures including AAI’s in JD Edwards ERP System working with Master Data department
- Develop and maintain extensive inventoryreporting / modeling and KPI’s for regular reporting
- Detail analysis and explanations on monthly financial results to senior management on CPG plant
- Perform root cause analysis and independently solve business problems associated with plant operations, inventory management working with Warehouse / Inventory Control and Plant personnel
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidatingfinancial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preference in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 5+ years of directly related experience in multi plant, multi warehouse environment in Ag or related industry
- Proven, reliable work history
- Valid California Driver License and clean driving record
- Experience in designing / developing data queries and reports
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Power Point and Access
- Excellent critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details; strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of individuals in warehouse, plant and various departments
- Excellent problem solving skills with the desire to be the team leader as well as team player at times
- Ability to work well in a self-directed, fast-paced, changing environment
- JD Edwards, RP System experiencepreferred
- MBA preferred
- CPA certificate