Job Title: Assistant Payroll Manager - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: White Plains, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Assistant Payroll Manager is responsible for providing support to payroll staff and overseeing weekly payroll processing to ensure accurate payments to employees and all third party vendors. Analyzes the payroll and time entry system for accurate application of all federal and state laws as well as company policies. Acts as the backup to the manager.
- Coordinate payroll processing input for both headquarters and sites. Troubleshoot issues and provide guidance as necessary, verify payroll control processes are accurate. Oversee and coordinate correction of errors, monitory for compliance with legal & company policies and ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee and maintain payroll systems and update for legal, union contract changes including payroll, time & attendance, internal databases.
- Research alternative payroll processing methods for improved efficiency.
- Provide support to HR when payroll-related policies are implemented or changed.
- Investigate payroll account for un-cashed checks.
- Reimburse time based on worker?s compensation checks, reduce YTD earnings and refund taxes accordingly.
- Train new payroll employees and temps.
- Delegate and provide direction on special assignments as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing procedures & applicable taxlaws.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL and Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Federal, NY State and local employment laws (401(k), IRA Cafeteria plans, etc.) and discrimination testing.
- Familiar with best practices in payroll profession and demonstrated ability to implement practices in daily payroll processing routine.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects within varying deadlines.
- Knowledge of company policies and Union contracts preferred.
- Strong managerial, communication and interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to work with various functional groups.
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting or related field,
- Miimum 10 years experience in automated payroll processing for large, multi-site, multi union organization.
- Payroll professional certification or equivalent preferred.