We are looking for a Assistant Payroll Manager in St Louis, MO for a Full-Time position with one of my State clients.
Work Schedule 8am - 5pm
Below is the job description for the position:
Position Title- Assistant Payroll Manager
Location- One Metropolitan Square 211 North Broadway, Suite 700 St. Louis, MO 63102
Direct Hire / Full-Time
Client: State Client
We are really emphasizing the need for in-house payroll experience. Kronos and other timekeeping systems experience is a plus.
Provide general support to the Payroll Manager and department as needed. Process weekly and biweekly payroll from balancing and loading of timecards to Oracle HCMS through General Ledger posting. Validate labor and cost allocations to appropriate accounts. Uphold the high standards of accurate and timely payment to Metro customers.
- Utilizes knowledge of Federal, State and Local tax codes, Agency Policies and Procedures, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to assist in accurate weekly and bi-weekly payroll production.
- Has extensive knowledge of Oracle HCMS payroll processes.
- Increased knowledge of setups for new deductions and pays in Oracle.
- Ability to process Payroll from balancing and loading of Kronos and Hastus timecards to Oracle and run Oracle processes through General Ledger posting.
- Ability to prepare ad-hoc reports in Kronos timekeeping system.
- Provide customer service to both internal and external customers regarding proper documentation required by Payroll in order to process request(s) utilizing Agency Policies and Procedures, Bargaining Unit Contracts, personal computer, and source documents.
- Supports and assists Payroll Supervisor and Payroll Manager with day-to-day preparation of reports, and balancing of time reports and other special projects from time to time as needed...
- Prepares and transfers all reports and files to 3rd party vendors, including transmittal of NACHA files.
- Responsible for transmitting General Ledger pay file, OGA file A/P file and other internal customer outputs files.
- Assists in compiling and verifying accuracy of external audit source documents.
- Secondary tester for patches, updates and implementation of payroll system and procedures.
- Assists in testing KRONOS upgrades.
- Works with general accounting and is responsible for researching stale-dated checks, and issuing payments to current and prior employees.
- Downloads UNUM and LFG 401k files and enters into system for deductions.
- Maintains all adjustments to accruals between Oracle paid and KRONOS time entries for sick, vacation, PTO, birthday, COV payments.
- Manages the posting and reduction of benefit arrears in Oracle HRIS system for benefits department.
- Responsible for manual off cycle payments/administrator of Bank of America pay card system
- Reconciles General Ledger payroll accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Oracle systems.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience with Oracle HCMS required.
- Knowledge of Agency policies and procedures, bargaining unit contracts, personal computer software programs (Office 2007), payroll software, and knowledge of internal controls.
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills required for relating with both internal and external customers effectively.
- Maintains confidential employee information; and manage communication when handling sensitive and/or difficult employee relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with management officials, and external auditors, as well as non-financial users.
- Experience in administering and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, while meeting deadlines.
- A strong self-starter and flexible in work routines.
- Ability to analyze data and assimilate into a useful format.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise financial records and reports.
- Ability to produce various ad-hoc reports in Oracle concurrent and Kronos software.
- Willing to work overtime and holidays needed.
College degree preferred in business
5-7 years Payroll experience
Business accounting or finance related field
accounting or finance related field