We are currently seeking an Assistant Operations Manager for MCU Park located in Brooklyn, NY - Home of the Brooklyn Cyclones.
- Manage and oversee activities in Catering, Retail Foods, and Beverage departments, as well as all areas of the building and ensure overall guest satisfaction and adherence to business goals.
- Assist GM in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, inventory, serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development and rolled-out with signage.
- Drives the entire operation process while carefully paying attention to future events.
- Keep the team focused on adjustments to equipment or the operation in order to ensure we have the necessary equipment or plan for each unique event, and we are set up to drive revenue.
- Works closely with our sales admin. in order to ensure operational needs and expenditures are taken into account for each and every event.
- Works closely with the Chef to ensure all M&R guidelines are being maintained in a pro-active-professional manner.
- Works directly with the GM, Executive Chef, and Regional Health expert to ensure we are constantly auditing our team and operation to ensure we are running the safest food operation possible.
- Works closely with HR and our Safety Champion in an effort to use our BTD program up to date with the latest Operational and Food Safety areas of focus for the month.
- Works directly with the General Manager in order to constantly ensure that labor is being managed and adjusted to ensure we are striving to beat our forecasted goals for the day, week, month, and year.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential.
- Assist in location forecast and accounting along with other budgetary requirements.
- Oversee period inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field.
- Experience in Sports & Entertainment or at least five years experience in hotel or hospitality operations management.
- High energy level that is communicated to the team and exhibit a proven track record for growing business.
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to manage in diverse environment with focus on client and guest service, experience in guest-centric environment where feedback is welcome and changes made accordingly
- Strong concessions, catering, cash sales, and beverage experiencepreferred
- Union experience
- Creative problem solver with exceptional competence with using Microsoft Office programs to provide analysis
- HACCP, Food Safety, TIPS program, BTD, Labor management, COS and Inventory analysis skills preferred
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work nights, weekends and holidays.