The 4 North department in the Wilmington Hospital at Christiana Care Health System is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager to work Evening/Midnight shift hours, as needed by unit.
This unit holds designation as the Primary Stroke Center and also cares for patients with multiple medical conditions. Typical patients on this unit have admitting diagnosis of stroke, pneumonia, gastrointestinal illness, diabetes, and urinary tract infections.
- In this role you will assist the Nurse Manager in the overall administrative direction for the clinical practice of nursing and delivery of high quality and cost effective care to all patients utilizing the services of this area.
- Shares 24-hour responsibility and accountability for all aspects of daily operational activity with the Nurse Manager.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager directly supervises all nursing and technical personnel: Assesses competency of staff, Oversees daily staffing and scheduling needs of the department, Evaluates staff performance, Counsels staff members when performance issues are identified.
- Participates in all hiring, promotion, salary adjustment, and termination decisions. Functions as a highly visible role model, demonstrating quality expertise and professional behaviors which support professional development of staff and the strategic goals of CCHS.
- Identifies and develops strategies to improve the overall knowledge base and professionalism of staff.
- Directs, mentors and supports all level of staff on the floor.
- Identifies potential future leaders and engages in succession planning.
- Analyzes administrative and operational functions; implements appropriate changes and system wide improvements.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Must commit to obtaining Master’s Degree within 3 years.
- ANCC Certification required within 3 months of hire.
- 5 years appropriate clinical and leadership experience.
- Three years appropriate clinical experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies