CHR Surgi Center is recruiting for the position of Assistant Nurse Manager. This position seeks a motivated RN who will assist the Nurse Manager with administrative direction for clinical practice and cost-effective care delivery. The position will share 24 hour accountability and responsibility for all aspects of daily operations in both units with the Nurse Manager and the other ANMs. Candidates should be role model employees who demonstrate strong leadership abilities, professionalism, and knowledge of the PACU environment. Candidates should demonstrate effective communication skills and cultural competence. Must be proficient in conflict resolution and service recovery. CCHS core values and Christiana Care Way behaviors should be consistently demonstrated.
This role will support the Nurse Manager through:
- Assessing staff competency/performance review
- Participating in human resource management
- Supervising RN, SNE, PCT, PCTII, Unit Clerk, and Administrative Assistant staff
- Scheduling and daily staffing
- Assisting with preparation of annual budget and maintaining fiscal accountability
- Developing and maintaining patient, employee, and physician satisfaction initiatives
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory agency standards
- Developing and implementing performance improvement initiatives
- Supporting shared decision making and serving as a leadership liaison on unit-based councils
- Supporting interdepartmental relationships
- Facilitating the achievement of Perioperative Services AOP goals and CCHS strategic aims
- RNrequired. Strongly prefer experience in Peri Anesthesia or Critical Care area
- BSN required. Masters preferred.
- BSN candidates must commit to completion of Master’s degree within three years of start date.
- Five years appropriate clinical experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated Leadership competencies and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Professional certification preferred. (CAPA or CPAN or PCCN or CCRN certification) If selected, candidate must commit to successful completion of the professional certification within six months of start date.