Assistant Nurse Manager - 5B Medical
Christiana Care is the greater Philadelphia region’s only hospital to make this year’s Truven Health Analytics list of 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S. and is the only major teaching hospital in the nation to win the Everest Award consecutively in both 2015 and 2016. We operate the only Level I trauma center between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Christiana Care has the prestigious Magnet® designation with two acute care hospitals located in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware.
Christiana Care Health System is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager to work EVENING/MIDNIGHT shift but also an occasional Day shift at our Christiana Hospital on the 5B Medical. This position is a combination of 8 & 12 hour shifts.
This team-based work environment offers a unique learning environment and the ability to develop valuable new skills, while refining existing skills/expertise.
- In this role you will assist the Nurse Manager in the overall administrative direction for the clinical practice of nursing and delivery of high quality and cost effective care to all patients utilizing the services of this area.
- The Assistant Nurse Manager shares 24-hour responsibility and accountability for all aspects of daily operational activity with the Nurse Manager.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager directly supervises all nursing and technical personnel: Assesses competency of staff, Oversees daily staffing and scheduling needs of the department, Evaluates staff performance, Coaches staff members when performance issues are identified. Participates in all hiring, promotion, salary adjustment, and termination decisions.
- Functions as a highly visible role model, demonstrating quality expertise and professional behaviors which support professional development of staff and the strategic goals of CCHS.
- Identifies and develops strategies to improve the overall knowledge base and professionalism of staff. Directs, mentors and supports all level of staff.
- Identifies potential future leaders and engages in succession planning. Analyzes administrative and operational functions; implements appropriate changes and system wide improvements.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Must commit to obtaining Master’s Degree within 3years.
- ANCC Certification required within 3months of hire.
- 5years appropriate clinical and leadership experience.
- Three years appropriate clinical experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies