The Assistant National Field TQA works on complex problems where analysis of situations or complex and varied data sources requires an evaluation of a variety of factors. Regularly communicates and collaborates with high level staff both internally and externally managing competing priorities to achieve successful partnerships. Responsibilities and work assignments contribute program goals, AARP Foundation’s and AARP dashboard goals. Exceptional organizational development skills in change management, team and leadership development, planning, direct management, communication and training. Requires independent judgment, strategic evaluation, assessment, and recommendation, while sorting through a high degree of diverse, and non routine challenges, layers of management and data. Requires creative implementation of program development initiatives including but not limited to change management, team development and implementation, leadership development, training, multicultural outreach, integration opportunities etc. unique to the program.
- Responsible for the effective development and execution of national strategic and operational plans for training and development, and effective quality assurance programs consistent with the established mission, vision, core values and business plans of Tax-Aide.
- Actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective, workforce feedback and data-driven methods to educate in all program areas - tax law, job responsibilities, leadership development and compliance to ensure they effectively engage and carry out their program responsibilities. Provides program wide expertise to others in the program as they develop needed training.
- Develops strategies for data collection and analysis and provides program wide expertise and oversight.
- Develops train-the-trainer programs for and directly support tax trainers and others involved in tax training efforts, emphasizing adult learning principles.
- Develop, maintain and monitor educational channels, on-line interactive trainings, blogs, bulletin boards, newsletters, etc. to ensure workforce has feedback channels and accurate information.
- Lead the National Tax Training Committee of highly skilled and professional volunteers to develop superior training products and initiatives, independently and as part of a small task force with the IRS, to ensure workforce of 34,000+ accurately and ethically prepare Federal and state, tax returns.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program to ensure program delivery and tax return accuracy consistent with program standards that comply with Federal grant requirements.
- Prepares accurate objectives, budgets, forecasts and projections for purposes of budgetary and financialreports related to training and quality initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in Management, Education, Communications, Business Administration, or a related discipline (Masters Preferred) and at least 10 years of extensive and high level experience in complex organizational structures and training, as well as 5 years of management experience to include strong leadership skills, and judgment in leading, managing and supporting through effective motivation, communications and training and developing a large workforce, preferably on a national or regional scale, in very decentralized environments, using adult learning principles and solid process improvement techniques.
Experience with curriculum development and technology based, including web-based, training and educational platforms. Experience with large scale business and program development and administration, strategic planning, quality assurance programs (reviews, surveys, accuracy data, etc.), communication or an equivalent combination of training and professional experience related to the duties of the job.
Familiarity with a variety of large scale national operations concepts, practices, and procedures and experience in conceptualizing and using research, surveys, financials, and other data collection methods to assess process and quality opportunities and formulate effective training and other strategies for improving the quality of the program and experience of volunteers and taxpayers. Experience with tax return preparation and tax law extremely helpful.