Description: Assists the Medical Group Administrator and the physician leadership team in aligning and mobilizing people and activities to achieve Northern California's strategy of quality and service differentiation at a competitive price. In absence of the MGA, may assume the MGA role and oversee day-to-day operations, including rounds throughout the facility.
- Assists the medical center leadership team in ensuring the execution of Northern California's strategy in the areas of quality, service, people, efficiency, reputation, and growth.
- Acts as an administrative liaison and resource for department heads, managers, chiefs of service, and assistant physicians-in-chief to achieve performance excellence.
- Supports the MGA in working with the chiefs of service and department managers in setting and achieving each department's respective operational accountabilities, including quality, finance, access, service, and integration across the medical center. Accountabilities will entail both direct line management and project management responsibilities. May have specific administrative responsibilities in the following focus areas: labor management partnership, workplace safety, regulatory and compliance, capital and space planning,
community and government relations, budgeting and financial management, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of general management experience in a complex, multi-faceted health care setting required.
- Master's degree in health care, hospital, business or public administration, or related field required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrated success in managing complex initiatives and projects including areas such as strategic planning, financial
management, quality improvement, project management and human resources management and compliance.
- Worked with large physician group practice managing through influence and collaboration.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the health care industry.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous ambulatory care management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in the areas such as strategic planning, financial management, quality improvement, project management and human resources management and compliance preferred.
- Experience in financial management, program development, project management, and quality improvement preferred.
- Experience working with a large physician group practice preferred.
- Experience managing in a complex union/ management environment preferred.
Job Number: 716178