This position reports directly to the Materials Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
Essential Job Functions:
- To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude and to maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow safety rules and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- To report all accidents immediately.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of the Company
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required and per the department’s established procedures and work instructions.
- Review inventory levels and trends with respect to circumstances. Formulate and implement plans to adjust these as appropriate. Maintain all material control systems including Kanban, JIT delivery and material scheduling.
- Maintenance of CSP supply web for suppliers
- Assist and enhance forklift maintenance program
- Order and release raw materials. Act as Liaison between production and customer service. Conduct cycle counts and investigation. Monitor and track performance of suppliers. Assist in supplier development.
- Assure the implementation and adherence to all company procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and safe working environment for the Shipping Department personnel.
- Assist with maintaining an environment of continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate with all levels.
- Assist in the problem solving process within the Shipping Department and plant wide where needed.
- Comply with all IATF-16949 requirements.
- Carry out responsibility on new product development for: Customer Release Process, MRP Readiness, Customer Production Releases, and Customs Requirements/Documentation
- Assist Engineering with support on new product development: Packaging, Handling, and Shipping Plan – Prototype and Production, Lessons Learned, Production Ramp up Forecast, Launch Readiness Review, and Customer Assembly Plant Launch Coordination.
- Able to travel occasionally, including overnight as required.
- Four yeardegree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field of study.
- Five years of experience including leadership and automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Project management experiencepreferred.
- Familiar with production processes, equipment capabilities, production parts, facilities, etc.
- Effective Communicator – both written and verbal and Microsoft Office skills.
- Able to safely operate a Fork Lift
- Materials management systems experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possess ability to perform work while standing, walking, or sitting for extended amounts of time.
Able to walk up and down stairs frequently.
Ability to lift up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis is required.
Able to safely operate a fork lift
Able to travel from time to time including overnight, as required.