To effectively manage the production team to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency. Insure product quality by utilizing statistical methods to control production processes. Provide for a safe work environment through proper training and communications. Provide the leadership to develop teamwork among team members to allow them to continually improve process and products. Member of the plant management team which is responsible for the total plant operation.
- Serve as a back-up for the Operations Manager and manage the responsibilities of the Operations Manager when they are out of the plant and on weekends as needed.
- Responsible for writing the Daily Shift Supervisor Log to communicate activities in the plant.
- Work with Shift Supervisors and Training Coordinator to ensure all required training is completed and help develop training protocols for new hires.
- Responsible for optimizing production through efficient use of equipment, raw materials and lab resources to meet targets and achieve annual budget expectations.
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement through LEAN activities including A3’s, kaizen events, etc.
- Insures quality and service standards are met and exceeded through establishing of standards, statistical methods, good communication, follow-up and proper training.
- Provide leadership for problem solving for quality rejects (internal and external). Complete customer required documentation.
- Helps to Direct efforts of Team Supervisors, Senior Leads and Operators to accomplish plant and organizational goals.
- Works closely with Production Scheduling to implement efficient production schedules.Lead formal problem solving with Supervisors and teams including appropriate tools (cause mapping, A3, etc.)
- Works closely with Plant Engineering and Process Engineering to implement CAPA, maintenance programs, introduce new products and equipment, improve productivity and reduce costs and coordinates scheduled downtime with plant and Site Engineering.
- Works closely with the Site Management Staff to promote high levels of teamwork and synergy for the betterment of the plant and company.
- Understands manufacturing process and operational principles of production in order to better direct efforts and make sound decisions.
- Keeps plant management informed and updated on production and other issues as needed.
- Responds with appropriate level of urgency as situations warrant.
- Identify training needs of the operations teams, ensures training is kept current and supports implementing training schedules.
- Analyze production records to insure production meets capabilities and established targets.
- Supports allocating overtime, scheduling vacations, and reviewing attendance.
- Sets the standard and maintains high level of safety ensuring equipment and facilities are in proper condition.
- Enforces company policy and enforces safety regulation within the team at all times.
- Recommends personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions within the team.
- Conducts and coordinates team meetings, informing team members on critical issues, performance expectations, and achieved levels of performance vs. goals.
- Develop a thorough understanding and implement the quality system procedures and work practices within the production team.
- Comply with the Company’s goals and policies regarding affirmative action.
- BS/BA degree preferred in Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience preferably in Plastics with one year of those years being in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrate supervisory and project management experience.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma methodologies is preferred. Experience leading problem solving and or continuous improvement teams is preferred.