EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
In this role, associate will be responsible for designing reports and dashboards as per the business requirements and coordinate across different teams for data integration. As a Tableau Developer, you will also be part of a team that has the responsibility for the definition, design, and implementation of the Business Intelligence solutions for all functional operations areas within organization. You will process documentation to produce requiredreporting and analytics deliverables using Tableau Software. The ideal candidate for this position will come from a healthcare background (preferred) and is a proactive thinker, self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to work independently.
- Develop Dashboards/Metrics reports using Tableau platform
- Gather, interpret and analyze business requirements and use cases, develop concepts/mock-ups via iterative practices, and design reporting solutions (dashboards, scorecards etc.) that meet use cases/requirements, as well as achieve ease of usability and self-service capabilities
- Perform data integration, write efficient SQL Queries, and develop/deploy reporting solutions that apply data visualization standards and best practices, and meets quality standards by performing unit testing
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment especially as it pertains to new idea generation
Other Essential Duties:
- Create documentation and technical specifications for reporting solutions, develop procedures/standard work, support readiness/training activities to end users
- Perform routine maintenance support, and troubleshoot reported issues as well as determine root causes, and implement counter measures
- Execute performance-tuning to achieve optimal performance
- Oversee and validates integration of source data into the target environment
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Interface with key business and project team members to facilitate seamless execution of requirements
- Analyze and resolve cross-functional data issues
- Collect data, analyzes and report for early detection and correction, continual improvement.
- Develop reports in a consistent best practices format
- Coordinate new reporting requests/changes to ensure accuracy and consistency of reports
- Monitor and troubleshoot escalated support tickets
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in electronics/electrical engineering, computer science, IT or related quantitative analytics field from top-tier universities with strong record of achievement
- 6+ years of experience in Software Design, Development, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence
- Must have 4+ hands-on experience with Tableau (and share examples of development work)
- Must leverage advanced Tableau functionality (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, LODS, API, etc.) to create analytical and complex interactive dashboards
- Experience with tableau Desktop version 8.x or newer, SQL, Database management, data visualization and discovery
- Very strong experience with SQL and writing complex queries
- Disciplined with effective execution – Demonstrate a disciplined approach; deployment, and follow-through to ensure achievement of results. Capable of working with a high degree of discretion, employing effective customer service and
- communication methods
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts at business and also entry user level
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills
- Worked in a team environment and also coordinated with business/functional team
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.