Purpose and Scope: To ensure a consistently memorable customer shopping experience while generating meaningful revenue and positive operating profit for their store.
- Responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned store or department.
- Ensure that sales and margin goals are met. Work with General Manager/Department Manager to develop operating budgets and monitor performance.
- Establish individual sales goals for associates and supervise sales staff to maximize sales and profit performance.
- Maintains a welcoming environment that generates customer traffic and builds loyalty by exceeding customer’s expectations. Coach and mentor staff to implement initiatives that support exceptional customer service standards.
- Provide continual feedback to Buyers and Planners to identify items and merchandise classifications of high sales and profit potential.
- Responsible for the execution of visual presentation initiatives that support merchandise presentation and maintenance of an in-store environment, consistent with Polo Ralph Lauren’s desired image and character.
- Responsible for achieving store shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervision, and development of staff. Actively recruit and succession plans for current and future positions for department. Creates programs to motivate personnel to build unit sales and volume of transactions.
- Work with the Senior Management to direct the execution of Polo Ralph Lauren’s promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support sales, marketing and profit objectives at point of sales and in the external market place.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of Retail Management Experience, preferably within the luxury retail market.
- Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment which projects a high level of taste and sophistication consistent with Polo’s lifestyle philosophy.
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using negotiation, teamwork, motivation and staff development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.