General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Manager, PMO you will be tasked with helping maintain the high standards of excellence that Granite is known for in the realm of project management. Delivering projects on time, and with as high a customer satisfaction level as possible, will be a requisite. The Assistant Manager, PMO will work to bridge the gap between front-line PMs and Granite management while also acting as a conduit for important customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Assistant Manager, PMO you will be responsible for managing 6-10 Project Managers and Sr. Project Managers. Staff development and maintenance will be a key component of the role. You will also be responsible for handling escalations, reporting to senior and executive company leaders, conducting calls with customers, and chairing staff and stakeholder meetings as needed. Assisting in training and mentoring of Associate Project Managers and Project Coordinators will also be a core function of the position. You will also be tasked with maintaining, and growing, the PMO’s relationship with other teams such as Solutions Engineering, Sales, and Premier Accounts.
1) Bachelor’s Degree or higher
2) 10+ years of relevant business experience
3) 5-10 years of experience managing projects
4) Excellent communication and presentation skills
5) Demonstrated experience drafting and delivering reports to executive leaders
6) Demonstrated excellence working on behalf of enterprise level clients
Minimum 3 years of telecommunications experience