This is a great opportunity for you to join our team as an experienced legal entity controller focusing solely on entity rationalisation for the EMEA region within the Financial Management Group.
This role is a hands-on project management role, encompassing multiple aspects relating to the finance elements of entity rationalisation and will include (but is not limited to):
- conducting finance due diligence on entities proposed for dissolution/liquidation
- working closely with key internal stakeholders (including Tax, Company Secretarial and Treasury) as well as external advisers where necessary, to implement dissolution step plans
- dissolution step plans will include entity management responsibilities such as the monitoring of legal entity solvency, proposing dividends, recapitalization, and capital returns
- drafting and review of internal approval documents to support the dissolution/liquidation
- ensuring correct accounting entries are booked from an entity perspective in respect of the dissolution steps
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- postgraduate / professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA
- at least 3 years of post-qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical / specialist skills mentioned above
- prior experience in Consolidation / Group Reporting / Financial Statement Preparation / US GAAP & IFRS exposure is a key preference
- strong experience working in legal entity control
- excellent personal presentation and written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to communicate with people at all levels within the organisation
- proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
You will provide key project management and support to senior directors, business group heads and support divisions on liquidation/dissolution. You will be the main contact in the tax team for liquidation matters and will take the lead on implementing dissolution step plans.