Assistant Manager, Cashiering, Payoff and Investor Accounting
Job Description Summary
Workingunder the supervision of the Cash, Payoff andInvestor Manager this position isresponsible for providing oversight of the workflow and processes within the Cash, Payoff andInvestor teams as well as providing support, mentoring and training for staff members. The Cashiering, Payoff andInvestor Assistant Manager acts as a first point of contact for the Specialists when handling more complex transactions or inquiries, as well as an escalation point for situations that require a higher level review prior to referring to the Manager. This position works closely with staff for training (new hire and ongoing), and assists with testing for new products, processes and system enhancements as well asinvestorcontracts/agreements.
- Working with the Manager, assists in the hiring process for new employees with recruiting, interviewing and candidate selection.
- Acts as the interim Manager in the absence of the Cash, Payoff and Investor Accounting Manager.
- Monitor the Payment and Payoff volumes as well as the CCN secure messages and Mortgage Loan Payment Email group to ensure all work is distributed and processed within the established timeframes.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other team members and projects.
- Research, resolve and communicate more complex or technical information clearly and concisely, adjusting language and terminology to the needs of the customer (internal and external).
- Assist in the analysis and set up of new Investors and programs.
- Work independently and without direct supervision to complete tasks and assignments.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written).
- Assist with training and mentoring staff, new hire and ongoing.
- Provide research, input, technical expertise, testing, and training, which may include work-a- rounds, for any new computer systems and/or upgrades and enhancements.
- Support department management in maintaininginternal controls and regulatory compliance to include the following:
- Keep informed of current compliance issues and regulations to ensure controls are maintained on all existing and new products and services
- Participate in and provide training in regulatory and compliance issues as needed
- Assist with the development and maintain appropriate written policies and procedures to facilitate compliance and department processes
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors
- Assist with providing data for department reports and audit requests.
- Review and sign off on balancing forms and reconciliations.
- Assist with analyzing and reviewing investorcontracts and servicing agreements.
- Assist with assigning work based on staff schedules and projects.
- Assists with performance reviews, and staff concerns as needed.
- Participate in department and corporate meetings as appropriate to include BKFS FAC meetings.
- Routinely assess opportunities and offer suggestions for process improvement to management.
- Promote a positive and professional work environment with external and internal customers and external business partners, vendors, auditors and investors.
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the department.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Mortgage Bankingexperience with 3 of those years in Cashiering, Payoffs and/or Investor Accounting; Preferred overall knowledge of Loan Servicing to include Escrow Administration, Special Loans, Collection/Default, Loan Origination, and Secondary Marketing.
- Demonstrated supervisor and/or leadership experience in managing a team and day-to-day production to achieve service levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications with emphasis on Word, Outlook and Excel; minimum typing speed of 45 WPM. High proficiency in Excel required. Experience with mortgage servicing systems, preferably MSP.
- Attention to detail, ability to process a large volumes of monetary transactions with accuracy, acts as a mentor and trainer for the Cash, Payoff and Investor teams and may have occasion to meet with internal and external auditors, regulators, vendors and business partners.
- Recognition, understanding and enforcement of policies, procedures, investor guidelines and regulatory requirements. Knowledge of pool accounting, FNMA, FHA, Bond Programs, and FHLMC investor requirements preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving, research, and decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written. Demonstrated ability to respond to escalated customer issues, partner and work effectively with various departments/groups such as Auditors, Legal and regulatory contacts. Ability to compose, edit and direct others to ensure all communication is accurate, professional, and represents the Bank in a positive manner.
- Effective time management with proven experience as a self-starter, dependable and accurate in completing work tasks/responsibility with strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to meet and/or exceed deadlines, assist with enhancements/upgrades or projects, as well as gather, analyze, recommend solutions and present information.
- Ability to lead and facilitate change, caused by market demand, corporate needs, or regulatory requirements.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Promote effective and positive communications and build strong, working relationships with employees, co-workers, internal business partners and external customers and vendors.
- Possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Proven ability to seek out documentation, obtain answers and train staff on the servicing system and new processes.
- Must be versatile, with ability to prioritize a number of duties at once.
- Dependable and conscientious about responsibilities.
- Strong ability, desire and enjoyment in working with others, both employees and customers, in a cooperative, professional and friendly spirit.
- Work cooperatively with and maintain effective communication and working relationship with co-workers and manager.
- Regular and punctual attendance required.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary required.
- Willingness to assume additional duties, or projects as they arise.
- Good vision and hearing (corrected if necessary), able to sit for long hours, manual dexterity to include but not limited to filing, reaching, and bending required. Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Hours 8:00am -5:00pm Monday through Friday.