In this position you will be responsible for proactively positioning Ford as a leading cultural driver – a partner, innovator and connector for consumers – while continuing to strengthen its presence as a lifestyle brand. Create compelling content and experiences for consumer media that highlight the trends and topics that matter most to consumers (Design/Style, Mobility, Sustainability). You’ll also be tasked with growing strategic partnerships and establish new relationships with relevant organizations and influencers to further increase Ford’s thought leadership position and cultural relevance.
The ideal candidate will be a quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious person. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, partners and influencers. Must be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Day-to-day enterprise and content creation to support editorial pitching to consumer media, working with our agency partners. Use the editorial calendars of Top 100 magazines to create consumer-driven pitches and stories that require fact-finding, profile developments and material development
- Product Communications Brand coordination – product communications team vehicle highlights, spokespeople and events are key to consumer media opportunities. Collaborate with the product managers to develop the ideas, trends and supporting programs that will be focused around lifestyle media coverage
- Liaise and lead strategy development and communications for key Ford Brand marketing initiatives including experiential, partnerships and media campaigns.
- Develop communications strategy to support brand opportunities including annual trend and futuring report, City of Tomorrow mobility platform and community efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years Communications experience
- 5+ years of experience in external public relations
- 2+ years of experience building strategy for brand and/or corporate reputation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or Public Relations
- 5+ years client and agency-side experience working with national brands and businesses
- Strong creative focus – skilled in inventive approaches to developing pitches, stories, and content; also in finding inspired methods in working with journalists and media
- Leveraging consumer insights through gathering marketing and consumer behaviors/trends to better inform communication strategies
- Qualified writer and storyteller, including good intuition/pulse on how to develop proactive stories for the brand
- Collaborative leader accustomed to working with partners, both agency and internally