If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Provide in house legal support related to Webster's retail banking and marketing groups as well as other areas assigned by the General Counsel and/or Deputy General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including software as a service, consulting services, softwarelicenses, subscription agreements.
- Prepare and negotiate confidentiality agreements with potential vendors and other counterparties.
- Support collection, review, and production of internal information for litigation, transaction, and regulatory support.
- JD required.
- Admitted to practice law in CT.
- 1-5 years of legal or law-related experience.
- Commercial law experience, proficiency with contract drafting.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint required