Managing, directing and assisting activities of the Federal Law Enforcement Client’s Information Systems; administering and maintaining the computer network, telecommunication system(s) and overall technology efforts; coordinating work with the IT Manager, Deputy Director and Director; ensuring that all laws, rules, regulations and policies are enforced.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establishes strategic and operational, short-term and long-term Information Technology plans, priorities and strategies; identifies improvement opportunities; recommends plans, policies and procedures, and implements recommendations.
- Maintains and improves computer and telecommunication system security and controls, including data, data integrity, network security and related hardware and software.
- Ensures maintenance of service standards and levels relating to computers, telecommunications and related equipment; reviews effectiveness of activities, programs, and operations, and provides recommendations for improved or new services.
- Assists staff and/or contracted personnel in daily operation and maintenance of the computer and telecommunication systems; supervises and/or assists in with special projects and studies related to the activities of the department.
- Coordinates the purchase of new or revised data processing, network, and telecommunications hardware and software; prepares and evaluates bid proposals and specifications; manages contracts for hardware and software maintenance and support.
- Prepares invoices and purchase orders, develops policies, and establishes departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintains appropriate records and files, including but not limited to inventories of major computer and telecommunication equipment.
- Assists Federal, state and local law enforcement agency representatives to maintain and integrate computer network equipment associated with the client.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary information systems technology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of administration and management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of budget development and program management
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware, software, operating systems, networking and telecommunication and related equipment including technical knowledge of Microsoft Product and licensing guidelines
- Knowledge of the organizations, functions, policies, and administrative procedures of local government; ability to plan, organize, and direct a variety of comprehensive information system activities
- Ability to develop comprehensive plans to satisfy future needs for departmental services
- Ability to communicate complex ideas both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, and train assigned staff
- Ability to prepare and present detailed reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates
- Working knowledge of 28 CFR Part 23 compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge of CJIS Security policies and protocols.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience or a combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities may be considered
- Experience with or ability to use:
- Microsoft Server 2012, Dell PowerEdge fileservers, Exchange Server 2010, Cisco routers, Cisco switches and Cisco ASA5500 firewalls supporting VPN tunnels, Vlans and secure WAN connections.
- Experience with Dell AppAssure server backup and recovery software is desirable.