The Assistant Global Controller is responsible for driving the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings to management. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Assist in the direction and management of the accounting function for the company:
- Ensure timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements,
- Perform trend and/or budget vs. actuals analysis monthly to ensure accurate reporting,
- Reconcile key balance sheet accounts and prepare monthly and quarterly accounting entries, including capitalized software,
- Coordinate with the Controllers of international subsidiaries to obtain financial reports in compliance with US GAAP and consolidate the financial statements,
- Identify/ implement controls to mitigate risks and create a more efficient and effective controls environment and compliance with SOX, and
- Act as technical accounting resource.
Coordinate the annual financial audit and quarterly reviews.
Day-to-day management of staff initiatives (trains, motivates, recommends discipline as necessary, etc.).
Liaise with outsourced accounting consultants regarding SOX compliance, tax strategies, bookkeeping, and creation of legal entities to ensure progress of projects.
Work directly with Controller to identify and implement process improvements within the department.
- BA / BS in Business, Accounting, or Finance or equivalent work experience with at least 8 years in the field
- CPA required
- Experience with US GAAP
- Experience with international subsidiaries
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under accelerated monthly and quarterly close deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong mastery of Excel, including proficiency with vlookups, pivot tables, and filters
- Knowledge of NetSuite, with ability to create reports