Assistant General Manager in Universal City, CA.
The Assistant General Manager embodies the culture of Saddle Ranch, with a high energy, service-oriented attitude that motivates staff members to deliver exceptional guest experiences. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the daily smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant floor, with an emphasis on delivering the highest levels of guest service and satisfaction including P/L management and scheduling of employees. In addition to general restaurant management, specific areas of focus include front-of-house training, retail operations, and bar management. The position of Assistant General Manager reports to the General Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Floor Operations and Guest Experience:
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing daily front-of-house operations and ensuring the highest quality guest experience. The manager works with front-of-house staff in cooperation with back-of-house support to deliver to each guest an amazing food and service experience.
The Guest Experience
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Saddle Ranch service promise of “treating every guest like royalty”, including staff introductions and high-energy interaction with each and every guest; ensuring the quality, presentation and timely delivery of guest food and beverage orders; management of the guest environment including music/television programming, room temperature and facility scent; and handling of all guest issues or concerns, including the completion of all incident reports as appropriate. Serious guest service issues should be immediately referred to the General Manager or the corporate office.
Front of House Employee Management
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all front of house (dining, bar, and retail) employee management including daily schedule confirmations; section assignments; clock-in/clock-outs; continuous oversight and monitoring of staff adherence to all operational and service protocols and up-sell techniques; approvals and management of all guest comps and voids; continuous employee performance feedback, with input concerning semi-annual evaluations; and the handling and resolution of employee issues including issuing write-ups and other disciplinary actions. As necessary, issues of a sensitive or critical nature should be referred to the GM of corporate office for resolution.
Facility Appearance, *Maintenance* *, and Cleanliness*
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for facility appearance and maintaining a clean and organized workspace in all front-of-house guest and service areas (including restrooms). All facilities, furniture, and equipment should be well maintained and in good working order.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the continuous real-time monitoring of key operating and performance metrics including food and beverage sales per hour, labor to sales ratios, comps and voids ratios, retailsales performance, bar sales, and guest check averages. The Assistant General Manager should communicate current operating metrics to the site senior manager, and provide recommendations concerning ways to best maximize revenue opportunities and minimize operating costs.
Opening Checklists and/or Closing Paperwork
The Restaurant Floor Manager is responsible for the adherence and completion of all Opening Checklists and/or Closing paperwork as appropriate.
Assistant General Manager Special Areas of Responsibility:
In addition to the Assistant General Manager’s General Areas of Responsibility, each manager will be assigned one or more specialized area of responsibility. This manager will oversee his/her area(s) of specialized responsibility and be fully accountable for its organization, management, and results.
The Assistant General Manager with special responsibilities concerning retail operations is responsible for the management and performance of the retail area within each Saddle Ranch unit including:
- Retailmerchandising and display
- Maintenance of current/development of new retail policies, procedures and protocols
- Inventory management, tracking and reporting
- Development of special retailpromotions, initiatives and sales incentives
- Implementation of all retail training protocols
- New product recommendations
- Sales tracking, reporting and analysis
- Retail profit maximization
- Front-of-House Training Specialization
The Assistant General Manager with special responsibilities concerning front-of-house training is responsible for the training of all staff including new hires and current employees. Specific accountability includes:
- Requests to Human Resources for job postings to fill open positions
- Initial screening of resumes and selection of candidates for interviews
- New-hire training and orientation
- Selection of training servers, bartenders and hosts
- Oversight of training policies, procedures, and protocols; including recommendations on policy or training process improvement
- Bar Management Specialization
- The Assistant General Manager with special responsibilities concerning bar management is accountable for the management and performance of bar operations including:
- Inventory management including ordering, receipt, stocking and loss prevention
- Staff adherence to responsible alcohol service practices
- Maintenance and cleanliness of all bar equipment
- Development of new sales initiatives, cross promotions and drink ideas
- Bar profit maximization
- Guest Relations Specialization
- Follow-up regarding all guest service issues to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Tracking of all guest issues and corresponding resolutions to identify trends
- Development of processes, procedures and protocols to minimize guest service issues
- Development and maintenance of guest database for marketing and relations purposes
- Minimum 3years of experience in high-volume multi-units restaurant concept
- 3+ years of high volume bar management experience
- Ability to evaluate, organize and prioritize activities and responsibilities, including labor management and employee relations; continually focusing staff resources on key business initiatives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and management abilities that foster an atmosphere of teamwork; ability to effectively lead others
- Critical thinking skills and abilities to successfully manage various aspects of restaurant operations with an emphasis on maximizing revenues and minimizing expense
- Strong preference to college degree or equivalent certifications
- Food handling and liquor certifications are required
- Knowledge of labor and inventory management
- Knowledge of applicable safety and sanitation procedures
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- The Assistant General Manager’s working environment is challenging, highly demanding and fast-paced.
Job Type: Full-time
- High Volume Restaurant Management: 3years
- High Volume Bar Management: 3years