Assistant General Manager - Distribution Center
8 - 10 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Assistant General Manageris responsible for the operational performance of the Distribution Center. This position plans, organizes, directs, and controls all DC Inbound and Outbound processes and activities on all shifts The Assistant General Manager is accountable for achieving company and personal objectives in regard to cost controls, productivity, and quality in the building The Assistant General Manager interfaces with Transportation, Planning and Analysis and other network Distribution Centers to assure compliance with company procedures and processes.Primary Duties:
- Ensures the execution of standardized procedures for operating and managing the Inbound and Outbound functions on all 3 shifts.
- Plan, direct, and execute Inbound and Outbound operations to meet prescribed productivity and accuracy levels. Coordinate all activities and redirect resources as required to maintain optimal workflow within the DC.
- Communicates with all levels of Management keeping them apprised of the status of operations as needed.
- Conducts daily Operations meetings at the DC to assure shift objectives are being met, keeping Operations Managers and Supervisors informed of priorities. Coordinates work efforts between shifts and departments, and is responsible for maintaining an uninterrupted flow of work in the building.
- Continuous enhancement of operational reporting that is comprehensive, accurate and timely.
- Delegates to those responsible in each respective area to ensure their job functions support the overall DC activity to achieve common goals.
- Interacts with Operations managers, line Supervisors and hourly Team Members on a constant basis. Acts as a floor General.
- Monitors and approves expenditures in the GM's absence
- Reviews budget status weekly with GM to ensure goals are met and to develop an overall competency of the financial management components at the DC.
- Mentors and advises Operations Managers and Supervisors with regard to operational and Strategic decision making.
- Build and develop a management team, promoting professional growth, increased cross-departmental training and responsibilities, positioning the DC for sustained growth.
- Gives Operations Managers and Supervisors constructive feedback in a timely manner to provide learning and growth opportunities.
- Monitors space utilization/layout and maximizes all storage and pick types.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the General Manager
- Partner with the General Manager and Human Resources team to achieve adequate staffing within the approved operations plan.
- Implement and monitor appropriate team member performance appraisals to recommend promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
- Implement and monitor a series of approved labor standards to ensure an efficient and productive labor force. Responsible for recommending adjustments to standards where needed.
- Development of contingency plans to maintain operations, customer service levels and the safety and welfare of all Team members.
- Support the company Safety program designed to ensure the safety of all team members within the work place.
- Manage within approved controls to achieve service levels and operational performance goals.
- Captain of the ER team within the DC.
- Partner with the RTM to ensure all outbound LOS goals are met.
- Participates on distribution project teams acting as a co-facilitator, or subject matter expert.
- May serve on cross-functional teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of DC management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multi-shift distribution center experience.
- The incumbent needs the capacity to effectively solve complex issues, must be a process oriented professional with strong analytical skills and the ability to conduct financial and comparative analysis on a myriad of operational issues.
- Broad knowledge of WMS, LMS, and TMS systems. Experience with automated picking systems, conveyors, and other DC technologies necessary to operate current DC's
- Broad range of managerial skills required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, communication and workload planning.
- Ability to provide leadership, and direct multiple shifts in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to relocate any DC
- Must be able to travel as needed.Essential Skills:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to lead and develop people with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as required.
Requisition Number: 5000241332806